Have you been thinking about participating in the Section 8 rental assistance program? Well do we have some good news for you…We have been looking for new units to assist our wonderful tenants!
What is the Section 8 Program? The program assists income-eligible families with monthly rental assistance directly to the Owner of their choice. The Tenant will pay around 30% of their monthly income to the Owner, and we will pay the remaining, called the Housing Assistance Payment or HAP.
How long can someone receive assistance? As long as the Tenant is income eligible and completes the Family Obligations with our agency, they can remain on the program, otherwise there is no time frame.
The Section 8 Rental Assistance Program currently assists over 2700 income-eligible families within McLennan County.
The Waco Housing Authority & Affiliates would love to inform you of some of our many benefits:
- To participate, the Owner will need to submit a Warranty Deed or Deed of Trust (not needed for apartments), W-9, and Direct Deposit forms.
- Monthly payments are quickly direct deposited to the bank account of your choice as the Owner/Landlord
- At minimum, you could receive payments for 12-months consecutively
- As an Owner, you will have the satisfaction of assisting Tenants with decent, safe, and sanitary housing.
- $ 250.00 incentive for the first 50 new Landlords who sign a one-year lease with an applicant or current Tenant
You will need to complete a form W-9, Direct Deposit, and Unit Information form and return to me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached for more information by email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a packet or by phone (254) 752-0324 extension 236. Our office is located at 4400 Cobbs Dr, Waco, TX 76710.
Christina Miller, Special Operations Manager