Housing & Programs
Section 8 Rental Assistance
Emergency Housing Voucher Program
Section 8 Landlord Program
Public Housing Operations
Hill/Sommervill County Section 8
Mart Housing Authority
Grandview Housing Authority
Public Housing Orientation
Section 8 Orientation
Payment standards, Utility allowances and Flat Rent
Rental Assistance Funding
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) has received approximately $1.3 billion in Emergency Rental Assistance funds from the newly passed Coronavirus Relief Bill Rental Assistance Program. TDHCA is using the funds to help Texas renters pay rent and utility bills (including past due rent and utilities). TDHCA's Texas Rent Relief program website and phone systems are up and running and ready to answer questions. TDHCA will accept applications from landlords and tenants beginning February 15, 2021, at 8 a.m., Central Time.
1. Learn more and apply online at
2. Learn more and apply by phone at 833-9TX-RENT (
The Texas Rent Relief program can help with the following costs starting as far back as March 13, 2020:
- Past due, current and up to 3 months of expected rent costs
- Past due, current or up to 3 months of expected utility and home energy expenses
- After the initial 3 months of forward assistance, households can apply for 3 additional months of assistance if funds are still available
Households must have incomes at or below 80% of the Area Median Income and meet other qualifications. Full details are available at
A toolkit with printable tenant flyers as well as social graphics will be available for use later this week.
Questions, please call 833-9TX-RENT (
The Waco Housing Authority & Affiliates promotes equal housing opportunity and choice for all prospective residents regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, disability, or marital or familial status.
- Waco Housting Authority & Affiliates